Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FranceTop Five: #4 Monet's Garden


Monet’s Garden is on my list at #4. Not only is Claude Monet’s house beautiful, but the property hosts a lavish garden that spreads for as far as the eye can see. This picture was taken from a small bridge built to get from one side of the pond to the other. I remember as I stood there, I was almost in disbelief of the sheer magnitude of what I was witnessing first hand. Claude Monet, THE Claude Monet stood in this very spot (or close to it) and painted his famous Waterlillies series. I looked at what he used as his subject. I stood where he once stood. Amazing. What was even more riveting was seeing his floor to ceiling paintings of the garden later on at the Musée de l'Orangerie in Paris.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment